Dog Shampoo Bar
Ditch Plastic, Go Naked
Plastic shampoo bottles are a big planet polluter, and the ingredients in normal shampoo is usually terrible for our doggies and the environment. And, to top it all off, most brands of shampoo contain animal products or were tested on them. Not cool!
Enter Plastic Free Doggy Shampoo Bars
This natural and delicate handmade dog shampoo bar by Zero Waste Path Shop smells incredible (so good I’ve even considered using it on myself!).
It contains Neem oil for its soothing and anti-flea properties, and the lavender and lemongrass essential oils also add anti-itch and anti-bacterial properties!
Bianca from Zero Waste Path Shop suggests using an acid rinse after the use of this shampoo bar to eliminate any residue and leave the coat soft and shiny (recipe here)
Please avoid using this shampoo bar on puppies or pregnant dogs
Wet the bar, like a normal soap bar, and either lather in your hands and then put the lather on your dogs hair, or rub the bar directly onto their fur to lather it up. To make sure this bar lasts you, store correctly in between uses. If you leave it in a tin wet, it will stay wet and start melting away/going congealed (as does soap bars). I would recommend letting it dry out on a soap pouch, and then storing it in a tin until next time your doggy needs a bath.
- Olive oil: Highly moisturising and hydrating, highly penetrable, does not clog pores
- Coconut oil: Moisturising, it penetrates well into hair follicles, reduces inflammation and is antioxidant
- Castor oil: Highly moisturising, helps increase hair shine
- Shea butter: Highly nourishing and moisturising, perfect for extremely dry skin
- Neem oil: Neem oil is amazing against fleas as it has flea-repellant, anti-itchiness, antibacterial and insecticidal properties
- Jojoba oil: Helps with moisture retention and damage repair, easily absorbed
- Lavender essential oil: Flea and tick-repellant, antibacterial, anti-itch
- Lemongrass essential oil: Flea and tick-repellant, antibacterial
- Glycerin: Naturally occurring in soap-like shampoo bars, as it is a byproduct of saponification, it has great moisturising properties
- 5% superfat: 5% of the oils contained in this shampoo bar are unsaponified, making it extra moisturising
- 100% natural ingredients
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
- Suitable for use on dogs
- Electricity- This product was made using 100% renewable energy!
- Weight 100g however, this product is handmade, therefore, slight variations in shape, colour, scent and weight may occur